Based in Londonderry, New Hampshire, USA, Valor develops, patents, and licenses External Sampling Photoelectric (ESP) smoke detection technology. Compared to traditional smoke detectors, ESP activates more quickly to smoldering and flaming fires but is less susceptible to nuisance alarms. Our seasoned team of business and technical experts is dedicated to Valor’s mission to make ESP the new global standard in smoke detection.
Matthew Erdtmann, PhD, CEO
- BS and PhD in Electrical Engineering from Northwestern University
- 20+ years experience in the fields of semiconductor electronic and optoelectronic materials and devices, infrared and low-light level imaging and MEMS
- 50+ peer-reviewed journal articles and conference proceedings and 15+ patents and patents pending
Jeffrey Silvestro, CFO
- BS in Business Management from Endicott College
- 15+ years experience in business management, finance, business development, marketing and IP licensing
Michael Rizzo, Director
- BA from the University of Pittsburgh and MBA from Pepperdine University
- 25+ years of experience in business management, operations, development, acquisitions and consulting
Stephen Olenick, PE, Scientific Advisor
- BS and MS in Fire Protection Engineering from the University of Maryland and MBA from Loyola University Maryland
- 15+ years experience in the field of fire protection
- Principal Member of the NFPA 72 Technical Committee and Alternative Member of the NFPA 720 Technical Committee
Maxim Ventures, the venture arm of Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., invests in new businesses that are “beyond the chip.” Maxim Ventures leverages Maxim’s enabling sensor and integrated circuit technologies and use that know-how as the basis to build companies that extend up the data-flow value chain into equipment, systems, software and services.